Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Help with my little friend
From: Peggy & The Girls <phr...@optimum.net>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
CC:

A lot of chis can avoid it if they eat two good meals per day, unless a chi is
really susceptible to it.  The Maltese and Yorkie are the same way. My male
Maltese was susceptible to it even when he ate, if he felt stressed or over
excited like when we went on vacation and he came with us, or when he would go
to the vet. I use to give him Nutra-cal a couple of times before any big event,
and afterwards, and that helped to avoid it.  His sugar level use to burn up
real fast from stress.  We use to do that with the puppies in the pet shop when
they first came in for several days until they calmed down, and it always
helped to prevent an emergency visit to a vet.

Nutra-Cal is better then over feeding them every day, since chis gain weight so
easily. But for everyday life you have to be careful not to overload them with
Nutra-Cal too, or you could run the risk of having too high of a sugar level.
It's like everything else in life, too much of a good thing, can have it's side
effects to.

Peggy