I was just getting ready to email you in regards to the food.

Although that sounded like a good blend of ingredient, the protein and fat
is way to high for a chi. You need to find one that is about 28% protein and
16-18% fat.
To high a protein for some breeds makes their bones grow to fast and that
can lead into a lot of health problems. Also 22% fat is way to high and a
chi won't burn it off
fast enough and she will be way over weight by 4 months. There are larger
pup breeds that can handle that particular food for a while, but not a chi.

1st choice:  How about: Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food
http://bluebuffalo.com/dog-food/lp-puppy-chicken?pf=1

Solid Gold http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/index
php?product=68&code=1451
There are plenty of other companies that make good food with lower protein
and fat. You can look at them all on Petco, and then go to that particular
company's site and read more about it.

Sorry you bought it already. You can refund it, and say she didn't like it,
the company guarantees a full refund. Look on the bag. Not only that, but
Diamond dog food has been on the recall list a couple of times within the
past two years for Salmonella, so my personal opinion would be not to trust
the company right away.

Regardless of what you feed her, she is better off with 4 small feedings per
day, so that you can put her on the pads right afterwards and then let her
nap. When she wakes up from the nap, then put her on the pad so she can poop
and pee. A  Feeding schedule and wee pads go hand in hand for house breaking
 Don't leave moist dry food  out for more then an hour as the bacteria will
build up quickly on it. If you have a 4x a day schedule then she doesn't
need food in the middle of the night, which would
only make night time housebreaking harder anyway.

Peggy