Hi Peggy
I find this information very interesting. How does a dual sired litter work?
Shirley

On 07/08/2013 5:01 PM, Peggy & The Girls wrote:

That is an old wives tale that dogs can have a double or a delayed insemination during a single cycle. Most pregnancies take place during 12-16 day of a bitches cycle when mated, and pregnancy can only happen once, only one sperm cell can make it and all the other sperm cells die off. The runts are from poor genetics and BYBs & PMs breeding there already smallest chis hoping to get even more runts. However, if a healthy line has been proven of small chis like 3-4 pounders which is what most show chis are, then you can keep a good line going. I am not saying that even in a healthy line there won't be a couple of defects, because that happens in any breed of dog, it's just the way genetics work, eventually weak genes will show through a line in some generations.
Peggy