OK I just have to say this .I hope it doesn't make me sound callous.
When I thought about getting a dog, I really wanted to rescue a Pittbull. They
are awsome with kids and normally the first to be put down in shelters. My
sister raised her son with a pitty and this kid sits on her head, pulls her
ears and the poor dog just looks at us like "help me" but NEVER bites or reacts.

I started fostering dogs to test the situation out with my son and it turned
out he's still afraid of big dogs. To him a big dog is anything over 15 pounds.
So I tried fostering smaller dogs and puppies. It turned out to be an easier
transition. Maybe because he thought the dog was a weird barking cat. However
he was, for the most part, gentle with them. So I knew I had to go the very
small dog route. So I looked into Yorkies, Chi's, Maltese's, toy poodles and
other small dogs. Chi's were always put on the back burner because, as the
world knows, they are nasty mean nippy yippy dogs who bond with 1 person and
make terrible family pets.

However the universe was giving me a different message. I kept seeing hoarding
situations going on with Chi's and the rescues I worked with were getting
involved with rescuing and rehoming Chi's.  Eventually I took the plunge and
decided to adopt an apple head Chi from one of the rescue situations going on.
I wanted a Chi but not a mix. I def DID NOT want any doxie (weenier dog) or mix
with my Chi. I dis like the look and worry about their knees and back.

So when my rescue friend told me she was pulling several apple head Chi's from
a hoarding situation, I asked her if they were Chi's or mixes. She said they
were apple head Chi's. I then jumped at the chance believing this was yet a
message for me to rescue a Chi. When I got her, I was so over joyed of rescuing
that I didn't really notice that her snout was longer then a Chi, that at 3
months of age she was about 4 pounds and that her body was a bit longer then a
Chi. I wanted to make sure she had her crate, food, toys and accessories.  As
time passed her body grew longer as did her snout. I became upset because her
look is exactly the opposite of what I wanted. Her Chi-weenie mix is exactly
what I didn't want. For a brief moment in time I even considered rehoming her
with my friends rescue because of it.

However, as more time passes, I realize I got wanted I needed and not what I
wanted. Her temperament is amazing. She plays with my son like a champ, sleeps
with him, does well with my cats and strangers. Doesn't see a lap that should
be empty, is dog friendly and now is willing to play fetch.

She's going to make a wonderful AAT dog. I see that the Universe intervened and
gave me what I needed to have in my life but not what I wanted.

I just had to share this story.

JD