I am a first time chi pet parent. Everyone who sees my Chi in action (barking
when people get too close, lunging, snapping) say its  Chi behavior. When I
fostered her 8 months ago for a month I was warned she was scared and
snapped-and she did. About 3 weeks after the foster period was over I received
a message that she needed fostering again until she saw a cardiologist about
her heart murmur. Well, I grew attached and adopted her. For almost 3 months we
attended obedience classes. She improved but continues her behaviors. Most
recently I discovered a groomer who does $5.00 nail trims. (I usually take her
to a dog boutique that offers nail trims, but decided to try this place after
they did such a good groom of my poodle ). Well, I took her in and when the
groomer tried to touch her she growled and snapped. They asked if I had a
muzzle (I did). After putting it on, I was told to pick her up and hand her to
the groomer. I explained that doing that would agitate her and that another g
 roomer simply took the leash and walked away. Well, one person picked her up
while the groomer attempted to trim her nails. She whined and howled. I turned
away from her, but she continued to whine and howl. The groomer left the room
with her. More whinning and howling until she was brought back into the room.
What should I do? Go to more obedience classes, go back to the previous
groomer, don't use a muzzle (she did not at the previous groomer and I didn't
hear whinning there)?