Good idea about OK delay...
That part of the proposal is indeed the most controversial. Some folks love
it, some hate it. Modal dialog can provide UI for "learn more...", ask for
specific permissions, perhaps even capture credentials to use while running
in the background.  On the other side, "Allow/Deny" dialogs are sometimes
bad because they basically shift blame to the user w/o transparency on
what's going on.
So we do expect opt-in mechanism will perhaps change - please voice any idea
you like more.

Dmitry