On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 3:11 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Thanks for your great feedbacks. Please see my comments below.
>
> On Oct 29, 2:03 pm, "Nick Baum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > *Permissions:* I agree with Brian that drag-n-drop is somewhat clumsy for
> > granting permissions (see how well that works for bookmarklets...). I'm
> > syncing up with Mike Smith on this tomorrow, and Glen and I will work on
> > better
> >  solution.
>
> We're still in active discussion on a better (more discoverable and
> simple) opt-in mechanism. We're discussed click for permission dialog,
> install wizard and drag-and-drop. Once we come to a better solution, I
> will update the spec.
> >
> > Also, what happens next time I visit the app? Is it authorized to launch
> the
> > background task, or do I have to re-authorize it?
>
> When the background task is allowed to start, it will continue to run
> even when the browser is exited. Next time when the system is started
> and the user logs in, the background task will run automatically
> without any re-authorization since the permission has already been
> granted last time.

Is this spelled out anywhere? E.g. it's not exactly natural for something
tied to your browser to keep running after you close your browser. I fear
this may be quite un-expected for users. How does a user know that their
notification will keep running after they close the browser? How do they
stop that if they want? Does "end task" correspond to "revoke my permission
to run this notification and don't launch it again" or does it mean "just
stop it now, but it may re-start at any time"?