On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Peter Kasting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Evan Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Will the try servers become public?
>>

> I didn't realize they weren't.  Lame, it would be quite useful if they
> were, completely aside from this WTL issue.  Who can help figure out how to
> do this?

Opening the try servers externally is tricky. If the patch is sent by a
malicious users, it means that they can run arbitrary code in our test
environment, which is not good.

We would need to limit the scope to only the people who already have write
access to the repository. And since they currently all have internal access,
it was not a priority.

But... we are looking at granting write access to external contributors
really soon.. so maybe it's time to reconsider. Unfortunately the current
approach does not really have
any notion of access control.

Nicolas