It's been this way for a while; the good news is that it should only
happen on initial build; subsequent builds don't regenerate the
bindings.  If 3 minutes is really too much for a full build, we could
do your #2; hopefully the dependency checker would be smart enough not
to rebuild them if they were checked in.   We'd have to find where to
check them in as well, because currently they are built into the
output directory (for both Release and Debug; perhaps we could just
generate one set, as I don't think they differ between release/debug
builds)

Mike