On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Dean McNamee <de...@chromium.org> wrote:
> The perl code is the upstream webkit's IDL compiler (but heavily
> modified for v8).  It reads in the IDL files and generates the .h /
> .cpp files that are the actual binding code.  It would be nice to
> rewrite this, but it would be a lot of work and also would need
> coordination upstream.

OK, makes sense.  There would certainly be a certain amount of
up-front work (and as I said, I haven't looked at it, so I don't know
how much work that might be).  Though if we're maintaining our own
heavily modified version, it sounds like we're already paying a
"having to coordinate our version with upstream webkit" price.

I've ended up in the habit of doing clobber builds fairly often in
Windows, thanks to the broken dependency tracking (and the fact that I
only update my windows tree once or twice a week), so I share some of
Brett's frustration (though my time ratios aren't as big, since we
don't have the benefit of incredibuild out here).

--Amanda