I decided to start fresh, and downloaded the source tar-ball. Then
when I ran gclient sync, here is what I got:

$ gclient sync 2>&1 | tee sync.log

________ running '/Users/mjaffe/Development/depot_tools/bin/../
platform/mac/bin/svn update' in '/Users/mjaffe/Development/Chrome/
chromium/src'
U    DEPS
Updated to revision 7839.

________ running '/Users/mjaffe/Development/depot_tools/bin/../
platform/mac/bin/svn switch -r 7838 /trunk/deps/third_party/WebKit src/
third_party/WebKit' in '/Users/mjaffe/Development/Chrome/chromium'
svn: '/trunk/deps/third_party/WebKit' does not appear to be a URL
Error: failed to run command: /Users/mjaffe/Development/depot_tools/
bin/../platform/mac/bin/svn switch -r 7838 /trunk/deps/third_party/
WebKit src/third_party/WebKit

Odd that this works for everyone else but not me.