On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:37 AM, cpu <c...@chromium.org> wrote:
> When Dean and Evan say that they don't mind reviewing patches for Qt
> ports, what we are saying is that
> we don't mind having two UI versions of Chromium on linux?
>
> How would this work in the long term? UI tests times 2? you get to
> choose what Chromium to install?

I figured it would be unsupported.

> If somebody asked me that they want to contribute a port of chrome on
> Windows UI using MFC, I would say no. I just don't see the cost/
> benefit.

Here's an analogy.  Say I argued we should only target GTK because it
runs on Windows just fine, so we'd be able to share UI test code
between Windows and Mac.  You'd (hopefully) say it'd be terrible
because it's non-native.

That's the situation between GTK and Qt these days.  The OS underneath
is the same, but running apps targeting one in an environment
targeting the other in terms of user experience feels much like GTK
apps feel on Windows.

Unfortunately we don't have the resources to target both, but if
someone else is willing to provide the patches I'm willing to review
them.