Neither of these examples is particularly complex or requiring a
makefile rule solver to resolve. Both Evan and Nick's examples are one
component depending on one other component. I would call that a
"simple" dependency that is easy to document in a comment and to
maintain correctly when editing the code. Neither of these examples
required modifying any other parts of startup, much less "complex
reorganization," to satisfy their requirements.

Brett