MSFT did a new set of fonts to take specific advantage of ClearType:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypeFonts.mspx

The "Core Fonts" are still available and installed by default on all
windows versions that I can find information on, but they were
designed for a simpler time when sub-pixel hinting was still rare. I'm
not sure that implies that we should do anything in particular WRT
Droid, though.

Regards