I understand the proposal, and am suggesting that having content
scripts might be a saner thing to do if they need to do less custom
stuff to get the job done. The API that locates the stuff could be
separate, but the transformation code feels like a natural content-
script task and one that I'd be pained to see another (parallel) API
for.

Regards