In this case, because the method will be part of the WebKit API, we'll have
natural reluctance to remove the method.
In general, however, I don't know that a comment like that is enough.  It
doesn't give me a way to eventually delete the method if it should become
unnecessary to you.  I think the only solution is for you to add a consumer
to the Chromium code base, and then setup a buildbot that builds
and preferably exercises that consumer.  Then, if someone sees the function,
they will be able to know who cares about it.

Without something like that, you can be pretty much guaranteed to repeat
this experience in the future.

Regards,
-Darin

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Marshall Greenblatt <magreenbl...@gmail.com