2009/7/6 David Jones <ds...@163.com>:
>>Okay, I think I've figured this out and it's a relatively undocumented
>>aspect of our win builds (from what I can tell).
>>
>>The third_party/cygwin install we have has a modified version of
>>cygwin1.dll , which has been patched to tell cygwin the root is
>>third_party/cygwin rather than /. In order for this to work correctly,
>>you need to run third_party/cygwin/setup_mount.bat to stuff the right
>>entries into the registry.
>>
>>We should probably change run_layout_tests to automatically run this
>>script prior to running the regression (running it every time should
>>be harmless).
>>
>>-- Dirk
>
> Do you mean my layout-test actually uses the cygwin under depot_tools, but
> not the third_party/cygwin?
> also, what does setup_mount.bat  do?

There isn't a cygwin under depot_tools, unless you have something I
don't. setup_mount.bat creates a bunch of registry entries that tells
cygwin where to find the root of its source tree. Read the source for
that file and the README.google in that directory; they're pretty
clear about what's going on (enough so that me repeating it here
wouldn't add anything).

Unless you either had those files added at some point, or somehow
managed to install cygwin into the same path, I'm not sure why it
would be working for you on one machine and not the other.