On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Kruncher<leaha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to use the Chromium source code as the basis to a custom
> documentation viewer. The following outlines what I would like to do
> with the source:
>
> - Add sidebar panels to left/right of each Chromium window.
> - Remove unwanted features from drop-down menu buttons on main tool
> strip.
> - Remove "Inspector" and the various web developer and debugging tools
> from interface.
> - Replace search functionality with custom search functionality in URI
> address bar.
> - Add a custom scheme name "my-scheme:something/a/b/c.html"
> - Adjust "About" dialog box to reflect title of product with logo and
> product artwork.
> - Change colour scheme of the browser.
>
> Whilst the application will still be able to access the webpages from
> the Internet, it will be used primarily for viewing offline content.
>
> I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Would this be compatible with the associated open source license?
> 2. Could the product be distributed as a part of a commercial package?

http://code.google.com/chromium/terms.html describes the licenses of
the code.  In general, the answer to both of your questions is "yes"
-- applications like yours are part of our intent in releasing the
code -- but you should definitely check with a lawyer before making a
commercial release, and I am not a lawyer.