On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Peter Kasting<pkast...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Adam Barth <aba...@chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Peter Kasting<pkast...@chromium.org>
>> wrote:
>> > I am still confused.
>>
>> I recommend the experimental method.  If you have trouble, we can try
>> to figure out what's different between your setup and my setup.
>
> OK, first problem: I get the following warning spew after every gclient
> sync:
> WARNING: "src/third_party/WebKit/WebCore" is no longer part of this client.
>  It
> is recommended that you manually remove it.
> WARNING: "src/third_party/WebKit/JavaScriptCore" is no longer part of this
> client.  It is recommended that you manually remove it.
> WARNING: "src/third_party/WebKit/LayoutTests" is no longer part of this
> client.
>  It is recommended that you manually remove it.
> No matter what I do (resync, delete these directories and resync, etc.) I
> still get these warnings.

This sounds like a recent change to gclient.  The old behavior was
that gclient would delete these directories during the first sync
(because it decided they were no longer needed).  The second sync
would then pull them in from svn.webkit.org.

Maybe try removing those directories from your .gclient_entries file?

Adam