On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Linus Upson <li...@google.com> wrote:

> Sorry. The point of my sandbox the browser suggestion wasn't to increase
> robustness in the case of failure. It was only to limit the damage an
> exploit might cause. The browser process is complicated enough that it is
> hard to secure. A small broker would be easier to understand and make
> resistant to attack.

Right. Utility processes and a secure broker for a sandboxed browser solve
different problems.  My guess is that in an ideal world, we'd wind up with
both, where places that had direct contact with untrusted data (like Eric's
PAC proposal here) being put into isolated processes.  Given that this was
the thread you replied to, it seemed like you were suggesting that we'd be
better off keeping this in process with a sandboxed browser (assuming we had
time to do so, etc.).

Erik