A few changes are coming soon that mean using VS2008 is desirable:

- /MP will be enabled by default for VS2008 debug builds, which will
make your builds faster on newer multicore machines without you having
to patch any files in your local tree.
- We will eventually update the required SDK to the Windows 7 SDK. For
this to work in VS2005 an additional hotfix is required.

VS2005 will remain our base supported system however these benefits
make upgrading to VS2008 desirable (especially if you are getting new
hardware that needs everything to be set up on it anyway).

-Ben