On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Mohamed Mansour<m0.interact...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to learn about valgrind through
> the documentation,
>  http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/using-valgrind,
> and it seems its Linux related, so I booted in Linux and installed all the
> valgrind tools.
> I get the following error, but the syntax seems right:
> m...@m0-desktop:~/chrome/src$ sh tools/valgrind/valgrind.sh
> tools/valgrind/valgrind.sh: 23: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "}")

Sorry about that - I didn't review that patch well enough :-(
It looks like a bashism.  Try running with bash,
or use the other script (chrome_tests.sh) for now.

> As well, doing the following but got a different
> error :
> $ sh tools/valgrind/chrome_tests.sh -t unit

Do the unit tests work normally, i.e. without valgrind, on your linux box?
Which version of linux is it?

> Trying to get some help on what to do on IRC, but its long weekend.
> All the suppressions are similar, I don't understand fully what to do. The
> call stack all point to the thirdparty hunspell code not our ifdefs.
> If anyone knows about valgrind and willing to help, I will be on IRC. This
> hunspell update is needed for 3.

I suppose you could try running the hunspell test suite itself
under valgrind.  Their README tells how to do it, but
when I tried, I couldn't get it to work.  (Wonder if that
means they haven't run it, either?)
- Dan