I think that maybe a viable interim workaround to flash's
vulnerability problems would be to implement something like flashblock
by default. There would have to be some "always show flash on
*.google.com" whitelisting option (maybe automatically whitelist
bookmarked sites?), and it would have to be an infobar style
notification, since not all instances of flash are large
enough/visible. But this would basically solve the problem of
malicious flash on untrusted websites while not significantly
hindering legitimate uses of flash.

Is something like this in progress or would it be considered?

--
Caleb Eggensperger
 http://calebegg.com/