The few times I've needed to use the history menu (gak, i just closed
something by accident, let me get it back), re-using the current tab
is exactly what i don't want, as it clobbers something totally
unrelated that I had open. That's what prompted this discussion.

I agree that it should behave like bookmarks in theory, since it's
effectively the same presentation, but it seems to get in the way of
my workflow when I try to actually use it.

--
Mike Pinkerton
Mac Weenie