On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 15:33, Scott Violet <s...@chromium.org> wrote:

> I would suggest you create something like browser/views/event_utils on
> the Mac (and Linux) side. Any place you're opening a URL from a user
> gesture you map the event to a WindowOpenDisposition. This way the UI
> is consistent with regards to what user gestures do.

This sounds like a great idea. Thanks for pointing it out.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 15:59, Mike Pinkerton <pinker...@chromium.org>wrote:

> The few times I've needed to use the history menu (gak, i just closed
> something by accident, let me get it back), re-using the current tab
> is exactly what i don't want, as it clobbers something totally
> unrelated that I had open. That's what prompted this discussion.
>
> I agree that it should behave like bookmarks in theory, since it's
> effectively the same presentation, but it seems to get in the way of
> my workflow when I try to actually use it.

Exactly. That's the problem I'm having with the menu as-is and why I brought
it up. I know we won't do this because it reeks of inconsistency, but
recently closed items should open in a new tab and most-visited should open
in the current one. The modifier key is a good alternative to this, I think,
and it's unobtrusive. I'm just unsure which should be the default and which
should be the modified behavior.