jam: It's a good idea; we came to the same conclusion.
I implemented the about:ipc UI as part of our performance focus last week.
 However, when I hooked it up, I noticed the logging itself was never fully
ported from Windows; it uses a cross-process waitable event, but
waitable_event_posix.cc isn't cross-process.  So I'm working on that too.
jrg