>From what I've poked around at, many of the LayoutTest flaky failures
are timeout-related. There's something in the test harness and web
server configurations that cause tests to be unpredictably slower. I
don't think Apple has this problem, and I think that's because they
use the built in apache instance in OS X, and also because they have a
very different model for test execution (how we run tests in
parallel). This is pure speculation, though, and I'm sure some of the
more senior people on the team can correct me or add more.

-- Dirk