Hi all,

I'm working on the Webkit Chromium Port, an attempt at upstreaming a
chromium-specific build target into the webkit tree. This is a large project
that involves many steps (see: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Chromium).
I plan to do the following:
1. Merge chromium's webkit/config.h.in into webkit's
WebKit/WebCore/config.h. These files have been forked in the past, and now
should be merged so they can be shared by both the chromium build and the
chromium port build processes.

2. Extract the ncpe, wtf and webcore targets out of chromium's
webkit/webkit.gyp and upstream them into gyp/gypi files that will be placed
in the webkit tree, so they can be shared by both chromium and the chromium
port. A side benefit will be that these configuration files will live closer
to the source files they control, which will allow easier code management
and enable atomic commits.

3. Create a new directory WebKit/WebKit/chromium, which will have the
chromium port's .gyp file and a DEPS file with minimal dependencies. A build
bot will use gclient to fetch the dependencies and then build the webkit
chromium port.

Throughout this process, I plan to eliminate unnecessary dependencies,
contributing to the effort of making our builds faster.

Suggestions, concerns and warnings will be appreciated.

Yaar