For reference, something similar is done for popups:
void NPN_PushPopupsEnabledState(NPP instance, NPBool enabled);
void NPN_PopPopupsEnabledState(NPP instance);

Perhaps we can do the same thing here:

void NPN_PushPluginHangDetectorState(NPP instance, NPBool enabled);
void NPN_Pop PluginHangDetectorState(NPP instance);