But is it correct chromium practice to actually close the blockee
while it is being blocked?

To cut to the chase, I'm against having a "master" bug that represents
a UI change on all platforms. I've found it works better for me to
have one bug for each platform that are all independent.

I guess I just hate having bugs linger for a long time with tons of
changes against them.

- a