Greetings chromium-developers,

(Please feel free to ignore this e-mail if you are not interested in
our spell-checker and its dictionaries.)

As you may know, we have updated hunspell used by Chromium to the
latest version. It adds lots of features that improve its
spell-checking quality (especially for non-English dictionaries.)

To use these new features, we would like to update the dictionaries
used by Chromium and support more spell-checker dictionaries.
Nevertheless, we would like to evaluate the new dictionaries before
releasing them to check their qualities, i.e. whether or not the new
dictionaries are better than the old ones.

Unfortunately, I don't have clear ideas for this evaluation, I would
like to write my random thought and ask your opinions.

Even though this is still a random thought, I would personally like to
use chromium to evaluate the new dictionaries: i.e. uploading the new
dictionaries to our dictionary server, changing the chromium code to
use the updated ones, asking users to compare the new dictionaries
with the old ones and give us their feedbacks (*1). If users like the
new dictionaries, we would like to release the new ones. Otherwise we
will keep the old ones.

(*1) I don't have clear ideas how to get feedbacks, it may be good to
use Google Spreadsheet?

Since this is just my random thought to start a discussion, any
comments and suggestions are definitely welcome.
Would it be possible to give me your opinions?

Best regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hb...@chromium.org