On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Drew Wilson <atwil...@chromium.org> wrote:

> I currently am special-casing incognito windows, so incognito windows don't
> share workers with non-incognito workers, but I don't do anything to deal
> with profiles in general (so if you were running with separate profiles,
> those profiles would see one another's workers).

That's bad.  You should not special-case Incognito.  You should make these
profile-scoped.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to address this (and whether this is
> something that needs to be addressed in the near term, given that we don't
> officially support profiles - it sounds like chromeos may make some use of
> them?).

We do officially support profiles: they're how Incognito works.  And we go
to great lengths elsewhere to make them work right in general.  We don't
have UI for widespread general use of lots of profiles, but the
functionality works well.

If you look at the implementation of profiles you will find that most things
that act "global" are really hung off the profile.

ResourceMessageFilter has a reference to a Profile object - are these
> Profile objects global (for example, in the typical situation of a single
> profile + incognito, are there only two Profile objects in the Browser
> process)?

Yes.

PK