This is exactly what I was thinking. An infobar is the right choice in my
opinion.
Having a modal dialog on startup for those who use this switch regularly due
to issues, should not be suddenly have a *really annoying* modal dialog
every time they start their browser.

An infobar, on the other hand, is informative enough to make people be aware
that their are using it and a "learn more" link to how to turn it off (in
case they were once instructed to do so for support purposes and did not
turn it off since then) would be the best solution here.

☆PhistucK