On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Scott Hess <sh...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Additionally, keep in mind that obscure bugs may take longer to find
> an owner than the buildbots keep logs.  So a bug like "Disable to
> green the buildbots, <link>" is not sufficient, include enough info so
> that someone can figure out WHY you're disabling things.
>
> Also, last time I was looking through some valgrind suppressions, I
> found that often enough the new suppression NEVER fired.  I know this
> is asking a lot, but if you throw down some new suppressions during
> your tour of duty, it would be great if you check back in a few days
> or a week later and if they aren't being applied, back them out (maybe
> with a current sheriff as reviewer in case they pop back up).
> [valgrind prints out the list of suppressions which fired at the end
> of the run.]

Of course, it would be awesome if thus was automated in some way like the
flaky layout tests. You get a list of tests that have been passing for the
last 75 runs which are in test_expectations (because some suppressions
aren't hit every time). If there were something similar for valgrind (e.g.
"suppressions not used in the last 75 runs"), it would be great.

dave