On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jor...@google.com> wrote:

> 2) Info bar.  This seems like one of the more popular options at the
>>> moment.
>>>

>> This is a bad idea, we shouldn't do it.  It's not as annoying as a modal
>> dialog, it has problems with clashing with other infobars on start.
>>  Basically it's inferior to a modal dialog in every way.
>>

> FYI: The ui-leads (in an off-list thread) seem to like Evan's initial patch
> that goes this route.

I would really appreciate being on this thread.  I haven't seen this at all
and I don't see why any mails relating to this need to be private.

What is the rationale for being less annoying than a modal dialog,
particularly in light of Glen's comments above (which I fully agree with)?
 Evan's screenshot is not in-your-face enough.

Glen's idea of making the dialog actually confirm turning the flag off,
instead of just being a notification, is also worth implementing.

PK