Nick, I have modified this extension to:

1. rotate through the users entire timeline once
2. then only display new tweets (ones not shown before) starting 3min,
30 seconds (the time it takes to
    rotate through the timeline once, assuming the timeline contains
20 items + 10 seconds)

Should I post this somewhere for others if they are interested? here?
github?
rob