Anthony - thanks for entertaining this discussion.

Of course I could craft an "nss module" and/or "named module" or
something along those lines but I was hoping to gage the interest of
the community on my proposal.

Do you believe this proposal could gain traction?  I mean, it would be
nice to have Chromium act as a wider integration platform, no?