On 12 Ott, 22:41, Aaron Boodman <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As a few of you have noticed from changes in the bug system, we've decided
> to replace toolstrips with a new extensions UI surface area: browser
> actions<http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/BrowserActions>
> [CUT ]
> I'll post on this mailing list as the browser action API solidifies and the
> documentation is completed.
>
> - a

Extensions developers are now struggling because "browser action" has
been implemented only in Linux.
I have been told that it doesn't work on Mac OSX yet (I have no idea
about Windows).
They cannot release their "browser action" because it wouldn't work on
Mac OSX.
They cannot release toolstrip extension because it wouldn't work on
Linux.

For instance, you may have a look to this one:
http://getsatisfaction.com/foxmarks/topics/toolbar_chromium_extensions_replaced_by_browser_actions?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_1522827

anyway, that huge toolstrip was terrific.... and I was expecting you
to reduce the size of the strip, as I didn't know about the "browser
action".

cheers
Massimiliano