That thread is for the copy command which is working in Chrome. I'm
guessing paste command is disabled for security reasons or just not
implemented. The execCommand('Paste') method returns false which gives
the hint it's disabled.

Anyhow, most of the times extensions will need the copy functionality
and until clipboard access is provided through an API we can use this
method.