There is no event handler because it does what it should be doing (it is an
input of the Submit type). It submits the information.
You can add an event listener to it with something like this -
var ppp = document.getElementById("send_button");
ppp.addEventListener("mouseup",function(){});

Or, you can add an onsubmit event to its containing "<form>" (note that
usually, you should put there something like "onsubmit='return blabla()'"
and not only "onsubmit='blabla()'").

☆PhistucK