1. Yes, but it should be optional (or a check box that says "Expose the
e-mail to the developer" or something similar).
2. You can upload a new extension without publishing it. IDs can be sniffed
(location.hostname in the background page) instead of being hard coded.
3. The parts that are updated are of the other fields except for the actual
extension. If the version is also updated without actually publishing that
version - this is a bug and you should file it on new.crbug.com (after you
searched for it on crbug.com)
4. Yes. I imagine they also thought of that, but it is too much work for the
initial introduction of the gallery, maybe for Chrome 5 (or in an unrelated
workflow, in a few months or after the upcoming stable hype is over).
5. They stated that they will be adding more statistics, but it will
probably be after the upcoming stable hype.

☆PhistucK