> At stake here is access to potentially millions of user's internet
> banking - that's got to be worth a pop for a fraudster. I'd rather
> that nefarious extensions were stopped from manipulate those pages,
> rather than having to find and sue the fraudster. I believe technical
> methods are the best way to protect users, and they're more within our
> control.

I think the web community in general, seeing how things are going with
browser extensions and Air, Silverlight, Gears, etc., needs to adopt
the two pronged approach of technical prevention and legal
deterrence.  I don't think it is too much to ask of ligit developers
to provide verified creds to get a seal of approval from the
application platform owners like Google.

The new hybrid online/offline capabilities that we will see with these
platforms, including Chrome OS, is going to need a full review.  We
don't want to limit the incredible power of these systems with
technical restraints that are too tight.  For example, cross domain
restrictions are really hurting the browser right now.