On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Laurence <l.d.ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> above this is not as simple as it seems. My second though: an
> additional capability is required to pass any data from a content
> script to XHR.

There are many ways to pass data from a content script to a foreign
server besides XHR. For example, you can create an image tag and pass
the data in the src attribute querystring. You can create a link tag
and simulate a click on it. Etc.

There have been thoughts down this path before, but nobody has ever
come up with a way to prevent data from going from web page to evil
servers that still allowed most valid use cases.

Suggestions welcome, though.

- a