On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:41 AM, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, so does an extension need a permission in the manifest andĀ also an info
> bar based permission?

No, either way currently works. You could get permission using
"webkitNotifications.requestPermission", but I'm not sure why you'd
want to since using the manifest permission is more seamless.

> If it does not, I think it should so it could be revoked by the user
> whenever...
> If it does, then the permission in the manifest is redundant, in my opinion.
> Either way, the end result should be not to specify a permission in the
> manifest, since a regular web page can do it in a certain fashion. Being
> inconsistent here seems inappropriate.

This UX generally seems consistent with the permission-based extension
features to me -- users can't revoke other permissions, for instance.
If you disagree, though, you can put in a feature request.