Just as a note, I tried running a version of Chromium with the fix and my
unmodified analytics sample was able to send data to my analytics account.
 So worst case, this will just start working for everyone as the patch rolls
out in the various channels.  It would still be nice to have a workaround in
the meantime, though.

~Arne