On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 09:19:33AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, Ed W wrote:
>

> >Also I would like to investigate contributing 2 servers to the ntp pool.
> >I would like to try and use chrony for these... I understand this
> >hasn't been done previously, any thoughts?
> >

> My impression is that the pool people ONLY allow ntpd in the pool. And they
> test to make sure that you are running ntpd (eg using ntpq I suspect).

I don't think they do that. They just strongly recommend ntpd.
Of course, it would be good to ask what they think about using chrony
on the p...@lists.ntp.org list.

http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/join/configuration.html

The code that does the monitoring and rejects bad servers from the
pool is available here (see the pool script):
https://github.com/abh/ntppool

--
Miroslav Lichvar

---