Thank you Mr Langworth, for this timely reminder. Modern dramatisations of this
period in history, whatever their technical merits, are depressingly consistent
in their zeal to misrepresent British 'greats' like Churchill and to construe
them in the light of devious or maladjusted men whose contribution to history
was to have been stubborn and benighted obstacles to the general march towards
'sweetness and light' that would otherwise have prevailed - of course under the
guidance of 'benign' and 'enlightened' people and powers (individual Americans,
and even US policy, is often cast in that role by revisionist-minded movie
makers).
It's unfortunate that the extent of ignorance and unfamiliarity there will
exist (in the world in general) - about the era during which these great events
were played out and men like Churchill lit the world stage - will increase as
those times recede farther into the past. Thus will an increasingly fertile
field of uninformed people emerge, with virgin minds ripe for the toxic seed of
the Revisionist historian and vulgar press.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the mire-dipped mind of the
revisionist 'historian' has the power to rob us and the generations to come of
the inheritance that should be ours - of knowing that our history glitters with
people (like Churchill) whose thoughts and deeds and ideals were among the
noblest and most sublime ever to issue from our species, and in whose debt we
(and the generations that follow) will remain everlastingly.
Let us therefore, like Richard here, never ignore the opportunity to point it
out when we see or read or hear something from a modern pen that departs from
the truth as we, with our deeper knowledge of our history, know it. It is right
to do this - with sternness and without remorse - because it is Our Heritage
that they besmirch.