September 8 and still no Jeb Bush Everglades airboats.

Unless two civilian airlines had landed on Wednesday
August 27 and started air evacuating the superdome
and convention center without Bush or FEMA, Bush
would not have sent the USAF flight controller team
in next day to avert his political suicide by exposure
of his malfeasance in not sending USAF to open the
airport on Monday and prevent a backlog of people
from accumulating at the stadium and convention
center for a photo op and worse--HSA and FEMA
tried to prevent Red Cross from coming. A third airline
arrived on Thursday.

Jeb Bush's Everglades airboats never arrived.

The three civilian airlines beginning to evacuate
the superdome and convention center, beginning
three days after USAF ought to have opened the
airport and sent military transports to prevent
the superdome and convention center from filling
up, interrupted the master plan. In the beginning
the HSA and FEMA told Red Cross not to come!
If the Red Cross had not come and three civilian
airlines had not begun to evacuate the superdome
and convention center without Bush, forcing Bush
to send USAF flight controllers and military
transport, then we would have seen more than
the two smoky fires lit by covert teams for a
photo op. There would have been more fires
to augment the "looting" propaganda, more
suffering at the artificially crowded stadium
and convention center, and immediate forced
eviction by 82nd Airborne and 2nd Marine
Expeditionary Force. Mercifully the three
civilian airlines broke the back of the master
plan.

-Bob

E Bryant Holman wrote:
The declared themselve in charge on Aug 27! How did this get overlooked?

 **********************

As of 8/27/05, the feds were responsible for coordinating all
state, and local disaster and recovery operations for hurricane Katrina.

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
August 27, 2005

Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana

The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing.

The President's action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures, authorized under Title V of the Stafford Act, to save lives, protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in the parishes of Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Caldwell, Claiborne, Catahoula, Concordia, De Soto, East Baton Rouge, East Carroll, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Jackson, LaSalle, Lincoln, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Pointe Coupee, Ouachita, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, St. Helena, St. Landry, Tensas, Union, Vernon, Webster, West Carroll, West Feliciana, and Winn.

Specifically, FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency. Debris removal and emergency protective measures, including direct Federal assistance, will be provided at 75 percent Federal funding.

Representing FEMA, Michael D. Brown, Under Secretary for Emergency Preparedness and Response, Department of Homeland Security, named William Lokey as the Federal Coordinating Officer for Federal recovery operations in the affected area.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: FEMA (202) 646-4600.