As Bechtel Goes: PAUL KRUGMAN ; Insulting Our Troops...: THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
By PAUL KRUGMANN, THOMAS FRIEDMAN New York Times - Friday, Nov. 03, 2006
- Krugman: Bechtel Goes - When it comes to rebuilding Iraq, the contractors have already cut and run.
- Friedman: Insulting Us - Every time you hear George Bush or Dick Cheney lash out against John Kerry, I hope you will say to yourself, “They must think I’m stupid.” Because they surely do.
- THE COMPLETE ARTICLES
Op-Ed Columnist
As Bechtel Goes
By PAUL KRUGMAN

Published: November 3, 2006

Bechtel, the giant engineering company, is leaving Iraq. Its mission — to rebuild power, water and sewage plants — wasn’t accomplished: Baghdad received less than six hours a day of electricity last month, and much of Iraq’s population lives with untreated sewage and without clean water. But Bechtel, having received $2.3 billion of taxpayers’ money and having lost the lives of 52 employees, has come to the end of its last government contract.

As Bechtel goes, so goes the whole reconstruction effort. Whatever our leaders may say about their determination to stay the course complete the mission, when it comes to rebuilding Iraq they’ve already cut and run. The $21 billion allocated for reconstruction over the last three years has been spent, much of it on security rather than its intended purpose, and there’s no more money in the pipeline.

The failure of reconstruction in Iraq raises three questions.
Continued:
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/14231328.html?mode=reply

OP-ED COLUMNIST
Insulting Our Troops, and Our Intelligence
By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Published: November 3, 2006

George Bush, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld think you’re stupid. Yes, they do.

They think they can take a mangled quip about President Bush and Iraq by John Kerry — a man who is not even running for office but who, unlike Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney, never ran away from combat service — and get you to vote against all Democrats in this election.

Every time you hear Mr. Bush or Mr. Cheney lash out against Mr. Kerry, I hope you will say to yourself, “They must think I’m stupid.” Because they surely do.
Continued:
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/14231016.html?mode=reply

And More
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/

MARC PARENT

CRIMES AND CORRUPTIONS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER NEWS
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/ Homepage
http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/14409 Archived
http://www.dailykos.com/user/ccnwon Archived

mparent

The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail. __._,_.___

Independent broker dealer Independent director Central intelligence agency
Central intelligence agency employment