There's a popular picture someone painted in 1980 that started being
used as a brainwashing conditioned stimulus. (I won't provide its
details here.)

In the early 90s I purchased a copy and have since
 hung it on my walls.

In 1996, I showed it to two police officers, and the one about my age
immediately became unresponsive. He started mumbling under his breath
and was otherwise in a trance state.

Meanwhile, his partner
just smiled at me only saying repeatedly "He's OK" to my questions. I
felt the New World Order moment needed a soundtrack so I put on The Police
"Spirits in the Material World".

Meanwhile,
 my new roommate who'd just poisoned me with PCP was in the process of
moving her stuff after I got the police to come after she kicked in my
window and tossed in a backpack full of money.